It’s the first full, five day week of the school year! Here’s what’s happening this week:
- ELA 7- We are getting in the swing of things! Students will start each class with quiet reading on days 1, 3, 5 so every student should have a book they are reading. We will be starting to write in our writing journals on Days 2, 4, and 6 at the start of each class. I have notebooks students can use, but if they would like to bring their own they can. We will be working on “Where I’m From” poems this week.
- Math 7- We are working on divisibility rules. Students will be doing a variety of activities and practice this week and will complete their exit cards towards the end of the week. Some students have indicated that they struggle with their math facts (multiplication and division), it might be worthwhile to practice at home before we start on multiplying and dividing decimals in the next couple weeks.
- Science 9- We are starting our first unit on the Universe on Tuesday. We will not have class on Thursday due to Cougar Fun Day.
- Thursday, Sept. 14- Cougar Fun Day and Colour Day. Grade 7’s wear red.
- Friday, Sept. 15- Ms. Korver away for professional development.
- Thursday, Sept. 21- Picture Day
- Tuesday, Sept. 26- Ms. Korver away for a LF (learning facilitator) meeting