After learning about and selecting our criteria, we selected our Kiva borrowers:
- a women who is upgrading her parents’ house in Mexico.
- Marina Del Carmen is trying to start and improve her fruit selling business.
- a 72 year old widow who needs eye surgery
- Junior Antonio is a medical student who is looking for loan to help finish his education.
- Maria is trying to improve her housing and install plumbing to care for her son and grand-daughter.
- A child who needs serious orthodontic treatment and surgery.
- A single mother who requires surgery.
You can check out our class’s Kiva page here. Tomorrow we will be sharing our borrowers with the class and mapping them on our world maps. We will check on our investments throughout the year and continue to make more!
What was your favorite part about the Kiva activity?