Hello! I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend. Rumour has it that 45 school days until Christmas break– I don’t know where the year is going!
A couple general reminders before we get into a subject breakdown:
- Fundscrip collection day is tomorrow morning! Please return all forms sold. Next collection day is Monday, October 19.
- Please return bible history class forms as soon as possible.
- Class potluck on Thursday at lunch. Parents are welcome to join us!
- Please let me know if your child would like picture retakes by this Friday. Picture order forms should be returned by Friday as well.
- Tomorrow or Wednesday, field trip permission forms will be sent home for our trip to Wanuskewin on October 23. Please return as soon as possible.
- Friday afternoon Ms. Korver is away.
- ELA: We are loving reading Fish in a Tree and recording our connections and questions as we read. We will be connecting with our partner classes in Quesnel, BC and Gloucester, MA this week to discuss what we have read so far. I’m hoping we can connect with some other classes via Kidblogs (setting ours up on Wednesday), padlet, and twitter this week as well. Last week we started to participate in the 100 Word Challenge. We will continue to do that this week and see where in the world we get comments from. On Wednesday, we will be looking at all of the writing we have completed this year and applying the RADaR revision method to “remodel” our writing and make it stronger. Furthermore, we will be finishing up our connections projects by Thursday. Some groups may need to work on this at lunch or after school to get them done.
- Math: We will working on our integer exit cards this week. I’d like to get them done by Friday. We will be starting a program called Xtra Math on Tuesday morning to help students review/learn their addition/multiplication facts. I will be sending a letter home that will explain and allow parents to have log-in access to review where their child is at. Students are encouraged to practice at home throughout the week.
- Art: We will be finishing up our mixed media art project on Thursday and Friday.
- Health: Discussing conflict management skills. Students will be challenged to record a time they encountered a small disagreement over the week and record how they solved it using specific strategies.
- Social Studies: discussing the election and prepping for Student Vote on Monday.
I think that’s it. Have a wonderful week!