Hello! Here is what has been going on and will be going on in 6Korver:
- ELA- We are very busy in ELA! We are continuing to read Fish in a Tree and our independent books practising how to ask questions and make connections; practise our writing skills, our revision skills, and our editing skills while we write on our blogs and complete the 100 Word Challenge weekly. This past week we looked at similes and metaphors and how we could use them in our writing.
- Math- We have finished up our integers unit and are in the middle of completing our exit cards for order of operations.
- Health- We will be working on dealing with conflict management next week.
- Social Studies- We will be working on understanding time zones. We will then start on a combined ELA/Social Studies/Art project where students design two postcards to demonstrate Canada and Saskatchewan’s identity and write a friendly letter for each postcard. We will then use these to participate in the Global Postcard Exchange. We are currently working on a mystery skype with a class located somewhere in Europe. We are hoping for at least one more real time mystery skype next week or the week after.
- Art- We are finishing up our mixed media identity projects on Monday. They are hanging in the hallway- check them out the next time you are at school.
- Student Led Conferences- We will spend some time next week starting to reflect on our learning so far this year, set goals for the rest of the year, and prepare for SLC’s.
Other important notes:
- WCMS Reading Party on Wednesday morning from 9-10am. Please RSVP if you are planning to attend.
- Any student with overdue fines: letter’s will be sent home tomorrow. Payments can be made at the library.
- I (Ms. Korver) am away from October 30- November 2
- Student Led Conferences: Tuesday, Nov. 3 and Thursday, Nov. 5
- Remembrance Day Ceremony: Thursday, Nov. 5 at 11am.
- No school: Nov. 6- Nov. 11