Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful break over the last week! I know I feel refreshed and ready to power through to Christmas break.
It’s a short week this week, so we’re going to be focusing on catching up and finishing up projects and assignments:
- Continue reading Fish in a Tree. This is technically the last week of the “official global read aloud” but we’ll probably won’t finish for another two weeks. Hopefully we can connect via skype with some classes that are also behind.
- Finish Order of Operations and complete a self assessment on it. Many students indicated that they would like some extra practice on this– I will send some home on Friday after the self evaluation.
- Finish and discuss our conflict management assignment in health. We’ve been discussing ways to independently solve small conflict.
- Global Postcard Project for Social, ELA, and Art. Ideally we can get these mailed on Monday.
- Self evaluation for ELA on connections, reader’s workshop, and writing.
- Complete the initial assessment for our new spelling program.
- Review and final assessment for continents via Kahoot.
Other items to note:
- Formal Friday for the whole school on Friday, Nov. 13.
- Operation Christmas Child boxes are due: Thursday, Oct. 19
- Progress reports go out: Friday, Nov. 27
- I will be offering extra math help every Thursday morning before school starting at 8:15. All students are welcome to come if they have identified that they need extra help on what we are working on.
- Last bible history class this Thursday. They will start up again in January.
- Fundscrip gift certificates can be picked up in the school office.