Happy New Year! Welcome back! A couple reminders before we return to school tomorrow morning:
- WCMS before school policy has changed. You can read about it here.
- Tomorrow is a Day 2- our class has phys ed with Mrs. Hoffman.
- Many students took home their indoor shoes over the break. Please make sure that they return them to school tomorrow morning.
- Field trip/Ski Trip forms are going home tomorrow for our upcoming trips. Please return by Wednesday, Jan. 13th.
Here’s what we have going on this week in 6Korver:
- ELA- As writer’s we will be continuing to work on “show, not tell” descriptive writing. We’ll be completing two written assignments this week- students will decide which one to hand in for marks. In Reader’s Workshop, we’ll continue to work on monitoring our comprehension as we look at metacognition and schema.
- Math- We’ll be moving on to fractions and equivalent fractions. Students will be getting back their decimal exit cards this week- any students who are interested in working on more questions at home to improve their marks can talk to me. No extra math help this Thursday due to a meeting.
- Drama (Fine Arts)- We’ll be peer assessing our podcasts/African folk tales and moving on our next project: writing and performing a fractured fairy tale play. This will be a cross curricular unit between Drama and ELA- it will be our genre study for the year.
- Health- We’ll be finishing our decision making unit on tobacco next week.
- Social Studies- We’ll be continuing to look at our decision and authority unit this week.
- Thursday, Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28 and Feb. 4- Bible history classes resume for the last half hour of the day. Please let me know by Tuesday if your family’s choice has changed for this round.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19- Swimming from 1-3pm
- Friday, Jan. 29- No school (Teacher prep day)
- Wednesday, Feb. 10th- Ski Trip
- Week of Feb. 15th- no school (Feb. break)
I think that’s it! As usual, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.