Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful week off. Here’s what’s happening in 6Korver this week:
- ELA- we will be looking at making inferences while we read. Inferencing is based on making predictions and reading between the line using specific evidence (or clues) in the text. We’ll also be working with Miss Hartel’s grade 4 class to determine our votes for the Willow Awards. As writers, Miss Harvey (student teacher) will be teaching us about persuasive writing.
- Math- We will be working on the patterns and relationships unit. As a reminder, this unit is relies on students knowing their basic math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)- students should be practicing this at home regularly. They can use flash cards, xtramath, or other math apps to help them review.
- Health- well be co tinting to read the Heaven Shop and using the reading strategy of determining importance to gather information about quality of life in Africa and HIV/AIDs.
- Social- before we left for the break, we finalized our abuses of power presentations. We’ll be taking time this week to present them to the class. We’ll be starting our introduction project for the Global Teenager Project.
- Art- Before the break we finalized and voted our drama scripts. This week, we’ll be breaking into groups and performing them.
Other items to note:
- Bowling forms– are going home today. Please return with $6 by Thursday.
- I am away on Thursday for medical appointments.
- Read Aloud Day- Friday. Students are invited to dress as their favorite book character. We’ll be having guest readers come into our classroom on Friday afternoon.
- Warman Cheer Classic will be using our classroom this weekend to host teams. Please remind your child to take home any valuables that are stored in their locker.
Have a great week!