Hello! Welcome back! I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter break. Here’s what’s going on this week:
- Fine Arts- We’ll be starting our dance unit off with a research project on First Nations dance. Students will be looking at the Traditional, Fancy, Grass, and Jingle dances and presenting to the class later this week.
- Health- Miss Harvey will be finishing up the Media and Advertising unit on Tuesday and Wednesday. I’m hoping we can finish the Heaven Shop in the next two weeks. We’ll also be continuing to look at conflict resolution.
- ELA- Inferring while reading continues.
- Math- Early this week we’ll be finishing up looking at graphs. We’ll then move on to statistics and probability. I’m hoping we can finish this up by the end of next week (fingers crossed!).
- Social- We’ll be providing feedback to other classes involved in the Global Teenager Project on their responses to Challenge 1 (you can scroll down to see the blog posts about our responses to the safe home assignment). Challenge 2 involves researching and responding around the right to (good) education, time to play and protection against child labor. We’ll be exploring these concepts and submitting our projects by the end of April. In May, students will be paired with student at another school (in Ontario, Ukraine, or Netherlands) and completing a research project and submitting it to UNICEF.
Other things/important dates:
Report cards were sent home on the Thursday before the break. If you weren’t here, I will send it home on Monday afternoon. Please return the envelopes to school this week.
Miss Harvey’s (student teacher) last day is on Wednesday.
- I am away on Tuesday afternoon for some PD meetings.
- Thursday, April 7th- Mrs. Linner’s class is having a bake sale $1/each.
- Thursday, April 7th- Bible History starts again.
- Friday, April 8th- School wide assembly
- Monday, April 11 and Wednesday, April 13- Student Led Conferences
- Friday, April 15- No School (lieu day for Student Led Conferences)
- Friday, April 22- Grade 6 Floor Hockey Tournament
- Monday, April 25- No School (prep day for teachers)