Hello, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Here’s what’s happening in 6Korver this week:
- ELA- Working on inferring as reader’s. We can infer what happening in the book, the character’d mood, or the theme/purpose of a book. We are currently looking at the difference between inferring and making predictions.
- Math- We’ll be finishing up probability this week. We will start on our exit card on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Health- I’m really hoping we can finish reading the Heaven Shop this week and complete our final reflection on HIV/AIDs and infectious diseases next week. We will also continue to explore the idea of conflict resolution. I’ve been stressing the idea of the SO QUIC model:
- Stay Calm
- Determine the Outcome
- Ask Questions
- Understand their point of view
- Use an I can statement
- Social Studies- We’ll be providing feedback to other classes, revisiting the idea of refugees, and starting to look at children’ right to education and child labour.
- Fine Arts- Students gave some awesome presentations on First Nation’s dance. We’ll be finishing up our exit card on Monday and using the rest of the allotted time this week for social studies.
Student Led Conferences are scheduled for Monday and Wednesday evening. I still have a couple spots available, so if you forgot to book, please feel free to send me an email. Just a reminder that their is no school on Friday as a day in lieu.
Other dates to note:
- Monday, April 11 and Wednesday, April 13- Student Led Conferences
- Friday, April 15- No School (lieu day for Student Led Conferences)
- Friday, April 22- Grade 6 Floor Hockey Tournament
- Monday, April 25- No School (prep day for teachers)
Have a great week!