Hello! Here’s what is going on in 6Korver this week. As a reminder, I am away at the IT Summit Conference on Monday and Tuesday and away for PD on Wednesday.
- Math- finishing up angles on triangles and quadrilaterals. Students should be starting their exit cards by Wednesday. Extra help is available with these two youtube videos:
- ELA- Reader’s Workshop continues. Our non-fiction project started last week: We have met and formed publishing companies with Miss Hartl’s class. Each student has been assigned to write a “chapter” of their book. On Wednesday, students will be skyping with author Kevin Kurtz to ask him specific questions on how to write non-fiction.
- Health- we’ll be finishing up our conflict management unit this week. We’ll be exploring a couple topics regarding growth mindset to set us up for success for our Genius Hour projects.
- Fine Arts- we are starting our creative dance project this week. Students will be developing their own creative dance in small groups. They will perform them to the class next week.
- Genius Hour- students have started on their genius hour projects. We will meet on Wednesday to continue working on them. Check with your child as to what their project is and if there are any supplies they should be bringing from home.
- Social Studies- we’ll be starting on our final project with the global teenager project this week.
Have a great week!