Hello! Here is what is happening in 6Korver this week:
- ELA- Students are well into their non-fiction writing projects with Miss Hartl’s class. This week we will be looking add starting each class with a mini-lesson to make their writing more exciting and guide the organization of the writing. Most students should be done their first draft by Thursday. Students will have Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon to work on this.
- Math- Most students have a pretty strong understanding of perimeter. We will be looking at different types of polygons and finding area this week. Students will be starting on their project: Design a Zoo today.
- Social Studies- final project is under way for the Global Teenager project. We will be hopefully sharing our projects with school in Thornhill, Ontario.
- Fine Arts- students will be writing their proposals for their final art projects this week. We will start working on them next week.
- Genius Hour is booked for Tuesday of this week. Tomorrow, students will be receiving individual written feedback on their projects. They are asked to take them home for you to review with them. We have Genius Hour booked for next Tuesday and Friday.
Other things to note:
- No school on Friday, May 20 and Monday, May 23. Happy May long weekend!
- Grade 6 Track and Field Meet is Wednesday, June 1. Students are asked to sign up for at least 5 events. We will do a sign up early this week. Parent notices with approximate event times will be sent home today.
- Redberry permission form is going home today and should be returned as soon as possible. The cost is $25/student. We are going to Redberry for our final grade 6 field trip on Thursday, June 9.
Have a wonderful week!