Good morning! I apologize for the delay in posts this week- I was away yesterday for an appointment. Here is what is happening in 6Korver this week:
- ELA- Finishing up our non-fiction project and working on some year end blog posts. The last day for library books is Friday, June 17. After that date, students are welcome to take out books on their personal library card. If your child has lost their card, a replacement card is $3.
- Math- We will be working on transformations.
- Health- We will be finishing our final unit on dealing with stress this week.
- Social Studies- We are looking at interactions between different countries around the globe. Students will also be “meeting” with the students in Mr. Carra’s class in Ontario to provide feedback to each other for the Final Global Teenager Projects.
- Art- Working on final art projects. Due June 23.
- Genius Hour- finishing up this projects. Due June 23.
A reminder that the school wide Reading Party is this Wednesday at 2:30. Please let me know if you plan on attending. The last day for French class is this Wednesday.
As a last note, I just wanted to share this blog post with you: How to Keep Your Child Reading Over the Summer. Pernille Ripp is a grade 7 teacher in Wisconsin and is a literacy guru who has written several books on adolescent literacy. She lists several ideas to promote reading in the summer to kids as a family.
I have strongly encouraged students to continue to access the public library this summer. The library offers three summer reading programs: one for kids, one for teens, and one for adults. All are super simple and offer prizes! As I mentioned before, replacement library cards are $3. Lastly, many students are super excited about the 5th book of the Land of Stories series. It comes out on July 12- you may want to be marking this on your calendar! If you or you child are interested in borrowing books from my library over the summer please let me know – I would much rather send a book or two home with a student to read, than have it sit on a shelf for two months!