Hello! Last week we set up our digital portfolios via Seesaw. If you have’t signed up to view your child’s account, you can click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/543-800-950. If you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Seesaw for Parents app. This week, field trip permission forms will be sent home- please keep your eyes open. We are also collecting donations for our Terry Fox Walk on Friday afternoon. Students are encouraged to “bring 5 to keep Terry’s dream alive.” We will watch the Terry Fox film on Thursday afternoon as a class. They should be returned as soon as possible. I am away for medical appointments (unrelated to my accident last week) on Tuesday.
Here’s what is happening in 6Korver this week:
- Brown Bag Share: Owen (Monday), Ashlyn and Eva (Wednesday), Liam and Bauer (Thursday)
- Math (Miss Harvey): Most students have finished their exit cards on large numbers and place value. This week and next week we will be looking at multiples, prime and composite numbers, and factoring.
- ELA: In Reader’s Workshop, we are going to practise retelling our stories, setting our reading goals, and just right books and monitoring comprehension as we read. In writer’s workshop, students will start to write different types of bio poems while learning descriptive writing. On Friday, we started to brainstorm ideas about our identity- I asked the students to take them home and go through some of the brainstorming with their family. Please return these to school on Tuesday. Students have also started to write on their blogs- they are pretty excited!
- Health- In health we have finished up growth mindset vs. fixed mindset. Students will be writing an action plan this week to help them set goals they want to work on this year.
- Art (Miss Harvey)- Minecraft selfies should be nearly completed. Students will be completing a reflection and continue examining the elements of art with Miss Harvey.
- Social Studies- Miss Harvey will start to teach Social Studies tomorrow. Students will be examining world geography, latitude and longitude, time zones, and different types of maps.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27- Ms Korver away
- Week of Sept. 26- Give 5 to Keep Terry’s Dream Alive (all students are encouraged to bring donations for Terry Fox Foundation to help with our school goal)
- Friday, Sept. 30- Terry Fox Run/Walk
- Friday, Oc. 7- No School- Prep day for teachers
- Monday, Oct. 10- No school. Happy Thanksgiving!