Hello, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving long weekend! Here’s what’s happening in 6 Korver this week:
- Math- Students are finishing up exit cards on factoring and multiples today. They will be returned later this week for corrections.
- ELA- In Reader’s Workshop we will be working on monitoring our comprehension as we read this week. In Writer’s workshop, we will start our second identity poem based on the poem, “Where I’m From”
- Health- Miss Harvey has started our “What Does it Mean to be Healthy?” Unit. She will be covering body image, self esteem, and the affects of advertising.
- Social Studies- Miss Harvey is finishing up geography (continents, latitude, longitude, prime meridian, etc.) and covering time zones this week.
- Art- Students are starting on their independent art project today. They must incorporate the 7 elements of art into their work. We are excited to see their plans come to life.
- Brown Bag Share: Sydney, Kale, and Emerson (Wednesday), Colby and Emmett (Thursday), Isabelle and McKinley (Friday)
- We are still working on rescheduling a date for the field trip. I will let you know as soon as I have confirmation.
- Scholastic orders are due on Friday.
- Fundscrip collection day is today.
- It has come to my attention, that according to division policy, students must have permission forms to be posting on SeeSaw. Forms have gone home today. Please return as soon as possible.
- Miss Harvey and I will both be away on Friday afternoon.
- Monday, Sept. 17- Ms Korver away
- Wednesday, Oct. 19- Miss Harvey away
- Thursday and Friday, Oct. 20-21- Ms Korver away
- Tuesday, Nov. 1- Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 3- Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 10- No school
- Friday, Nov. 11- No school. Remembrance Day