Hello! It’s hard to believe we are approaching the end of October! Where is the time going? This week, Miss Harvey will begin full time teaching in our classroom- this will continue for the next five weeks. Following that, she will be slowly releasing classes back to myself.
Tomorrow are picture retakes. Students must of signed up at the front office and need to bring their original picture package.
On Friday, we will be heading out on our field trip to West Winds Aviation and Stars Air Ambulance. Hopefully another storm won’t ruin our fun! Students are reminded to bring a bag lunch. There will be no place to purchase lunch or heat up a lunch in a microwave. We will be leaving at 9am sharp and return before the end of the day bell.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- ELA- In Reader’s Workshop, we will start to look at asking questions as we read. In writer’s workshop, we will finish up our Where I’m From poems.
- Math- last week we started to look at multiplying decimals. We will continue to work on this, and then move into reviewing dividing and dividing decimals.
- Health- continuing to work on body image, media, self esteem and healthy living.
- Fine Art- students should be finishing up their independent projects.
- Social Studies- We will have our first mystery skype this week! We will also start to look at different types of maps.
Other items to note:
- Class potluck next Tuesday, Nov. 8th. We will have a sign up sheet up this week.
- Friday, November 28- last day for pumpkin carving contest submissions. More details are available on the WCMS announcement page.
- Monday, Oct. 31- Halloween dress up day and Grade 6 sock hop. Admission is a can of food (donation to food bank) or $2. More details are available on the WCMS announcement page.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1- Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 3- Student Led Conferences
- Tuesday, Nov. 8- Class Potluck
- Thursday, Nov. 10- No school
- Friday, Nov. 11- No school. Remembrance Day
Have a great week!