We had a fantastic field trip last Friday! The students were respectful, listened carefully, and asked thoughtful, detailed questions. We received many compliments on how great our class was!
As we prepare for Student Led Conferences this week, parents will be asked to provide one goal that they have for their child this year. This could be something subject specific (math goals, writing goals, etc.), behavior specific (not talking during class, staying on task, not being on phone during class time, etc.) or a social goal (conflict resolution between friends, making new friends, participating more in school activities, etc.). You may want some time to think and discuss ahead of the conference.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Math- We are starting on a quick dividing review and then moving on to dividing decimals. Most students finished up their multiplying exit cards last week.
- ELA- In Reader’s workshop, we are looking at asking questions while we read. Some students have set a goal to work on fluency and will be working one on one with grade 4 students once a week to practise reading aloud with expression. Other’s have set a stamina goal and will be working with Ms.Korver on how to record and improve.
- Health- continuing to work on body image and healthy living.
- Social Studies- We had a great first mystery skype last week! We are hoping to have another in the next couple weeks. We are also looking at exploring different types of maps to lead to our final “Country X” project in a couple weeks.
- Fine Arts- All independent art projects should be handed in TODAY. We are going to continue looking at how identity is represented in art.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Nov. 1 and 3- Student led conferences
- Friday, Nov. 4- Ms. Korver away for a Provincial Facilitator’s workshop
- Tuesday, Nov. 8- Class potluck. Sign up in classroom.
- Thursday, Nov. 10- No School
- Friday, Nov. 11- Remembrance Day
- Monday, Nov. 14- Prep Day- no school for students
- Friday, Nov. 25- Ms. Korver away for a Provincial Facilitator’s workshop
- Friday, Dec. 3- Progress Reports
Have a great week!