Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! We are now starting the last push to Christmas vacation (6 weeks!).
Here’s what’s happening in 6Korver this week:
- Math- Students should be finishing up their division exit cards this week. We will do a final wrap up of word problems for multiplying and dividing before we move on to Order of Operations next week.
- ELA- In Reader’s Workshop we will continue to work on asking questions as we read. In Writer’s Workshop, students will begin their assignment on procedural writing.
- Art- We will be starting an art project on art in different cultures.
- Social- Students should be finishing their Map It Out assignment by the end of the week.
- Health- We will be exploring advertising and how it is connected to the role media plays on healthy living and self esteem.
- Science- Mrs. Burgess has asked me to make sure that all students have handed in their arthropods and unit 1 review questions. This needs to be handed in ASAP.
- Friday, Nov. 25- Ms. Korver away for a Provincial Facilitator’s workshop
- Tuesday, Nov. 29- Brain Waves Presentation. Students are encouraged to bring their helmet (bike, hockey, etc.) to school to get it checked out.
- Thursday, Dec. 1- Field trip to watch a musical at WHS. Details to come.
- Friday, Dec. 2- Progress Reports
- Monday, Dec. 5- Miss Harvey and Ms. Korver away
- Wednesday, Dec. 14- Miss Harvey’s last day
- Wednesday, Dec. 21- Last day before winter break
- Tuesday, Jan. 3- Back at school