Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. With the colder weather approaching, we are reminding students to ensure they are bringing appropriate winter weather clothing (jackets, mittens, boots, toques, etc) for recess. Students are expected to be outside for morning recess and lunchtime recess. Also, a reminder that students should have a pair of indoor shoes that they wear inside– many students are regularly wearing their outdoor shoes inside.
Here’s what’s happening in 6Korver:
- Math- Most students have finished their Order of Operations exit cards. We are currently working on the Cartesian Plane- plotting coordinates, transformations, and tesselations.
- ELA- In reader’s workshop, we are working on our reading stamina. In writer’s workshop, we will be starting a major writing piece that will be reviewing descriptive writing, procedural writing, and introducing persuasive writing. This should easily be completed before we leave for Christmas break.
- Health- We will be starting on a new unit in health focused on stress and stress management.
- Social Studies- Students will be finishing up their country X writing assignments today. We will be moving on to creating postcards for the Global Postcard Exchange– I am hoping we can have these sent off before Christmas.
- Fine Arts- Cultural Fair presentations will be on Tuesday, December 13. Students will have today, Wednesday, and Friday to finish them up.
- Monday, December 5- Ms. Korver and Miss Harvey away for internship meetings
- Wednesday, December 7- SaskEnergy Presentation 1-2pm
- Wednesday, December 14- Field trip to Persephone Theater and
- Thursday, December 15- School wide assembly
- Wednesday, December 21- Last day before Christmas break and Miss Harvey’s last day
- Tuesday, January 3- Back to school