Hello! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Here is what is happening in 6Korver this week:
- Math- Exit cards should be finished by Tuesday. We will spend the rest of the week looking at tesselations to finish up our unit.
- ELA- In reader’s workshop, we are working on identifying contrasts and contradictions in characters as read. In writer’s workshop, we are looking at persuasive language with our Fairy Tale Academy Awards. Speeches will be presented on Wednesday. Some students/groups may want to work on this at home to prepare.
- Health- #oneword challenge assignments are due on Monday. Students should have their explanation posted on SeeSaw.
- Social Studies- We are currently working on postcards for the global postcard exchange. The picture should be done by Tuesday. We will start writing the letter this week.
- Fine Arts- In Drama we are working on having expression in our voice when we act and read aloud. This will help us as we prepare for our radio drama project.
Other things to note:
- Ski Trip forms were sent home last week. They should be returned to school as soon as possible. All students MUST return the form, even if they are not skiing.
- Bible History class starts again on Wednesday afternoon.
- Wednesday, January 11- Bible History classes resume.
- Friday, January 20- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- Monday, January 30- PD Day. No school.
- TFebruary, February 2- Ms. Korver away for a medical day.
- Thursday, February 9- Ski Trip.
- Friday, February 10- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- February 20-24- No school. Reading break.