Hello! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I finally caught the bug that has been floating around our classroom for several weeks and was home sick last week. 😦
A reminder that the ski trip is this THURSDAY. All information is here. If you child is NOT taking the bus on Thursday and is driving with a parent, please let me know.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Math- continuing with angles and starting on the exit card. Ideally, I would like to have the exit card/unit done by the end of this week.
- ELA- In reader’s workshop, we are continuing to look at Aha Moments as we read. Last week, I challenged the class to teach their family about Aha Moments using the video “The Stranger.” In writer’s workshop, we will be starting on our final persuasive piece where students will be responsible for writing a blog post convincing their family to take a vacation.
- Social Studies- We will be finishing up our Kiva presentations on Monday and moving on to our power and privilege unit on Wednesday.
- Fine Arts- We will be starting on our final radio drama project on Wednesday. This is due on Thursday, Feb. 16. We will be recording African folktales to combine with our Social Studies curriculum (countries on the Atlantic Ocean).
- Health- we will be (hopefully) finishing up all health in the next two weeks so that we can start on French when we return from the February break.
- Thursday, February 9- Ski Trip.
- Friday, February 10- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- February 20-24- No school. Reading break.
- Friday, March 3- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitator work
- Tuesday, March 14- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitator work.
- Friday, March 17- Bowling field trip for phys ed. Progress reports sent home.
- Monday, March 20- Student led conferences
- Wednesday, March 22- Student led conferences.
- Thursday, March 24- No school. Prep day.
- Friday, March 25- No school. Lieu day for SLC.