Welcome back! Here’s what’s up in 6Korver this week:
- Math- We’ll be doing a quick lesson on polygons and then moving into a combined integers and graphing unit centered around The Same Day in March Project. Students will be tracking, following, and graphing the weather in March from around the world. Here’s a map of the classes participating:
- ELA- In Reader’s Workshop, we will be looking at finding theme. Later in the week, we will be selecting books for our book clubs. In Writer’s Workshop, students should be done their first draft of their persuasive writing piece- some students needed to finish it over the break. We will be working on revising and editing it this week before it gets sent home for a presentation to parents.
- French- Bonjour! French starts this week! We will start with simple greetings, the alphabet, and numbers. If your child as their own technology (smart phone or tablet), I strongly recommend that they download the FREE duolingo app. I share their login information this week. We will be regularly using the classroom feature on this app.
- Social Studies- We will be starting to examine abuses of power in various countries (Chinese labour in Canada, residential schools. civil rights, slavery, apartheid). We will be starting with a gallery walk activity this week and then students will be starting research projects to create infographics about their topic.
- Fine Arts- We will be finishing our radio dramas this week. After we share them with the class, we will be doing a combined ELA/Drama project where students will be writing scripts.
Other information and important dates:
- Phys Ed tomorrow- students should have proper gym clothes. Next Monday, March 6, students will be participating in a broomball clinic- they should have warm clothes and proper footwear (clean shoes). All equipment will be provided.
- Bowling permission forms are going home this week. They should be returned as soon as possible.
- Wednesday, March 1- Square Dancing lessons
- Friday, March 3- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Monday, March 6- Broomball clinic
- Wednesday, MArch 8- Bible History resumes
- Tuesday, March 14- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- Wednesday, March 15- Ms. Korver away in afternoon for professional development meeting.
- Friday, March 17- Bowling field trip. Progress reports sent home.
- Monday, March 20 and Wednesday, March 22- Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, March 23- No school.
- Friday, March 24- No school.
- Friday, March 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.