Here’s what’s up in 6Korver this week:
- Math- THANK YOU so much for helping us with our survey project. We had over 1000 responses in 2 days! We are still collecting responses, so if you have family and friends who would like to share in our learning, please continue to forward it. You can see where we traveled here. This week, we will start to look at different types of graphs and will be using the data collected to help us.
- ELA- We are studying theme in reader’s workshop. Students have selected books for their book clubs, we will start these next week. We have started on a combined ELA/Drama project with Mr. Precesky’s class. To prepare to write fractured fairy tale scripts, we are studying plot structure and plot structure diagrams.
- French- We are working on simple greetings and the alphabet.
- Social Studies- We will be starting research projects this week on historical examples of misuse of power/authority. Students will create infographics to share their learning.
- Fine Arts- we are using our fine arts time for our joint ELA/Drama project.
Other things to note:
- Bowling field trip is on Friday. Students may bring money to buy snacks from the concession, but will NOT be able to bring snacks on the bus home. We are leaving school at 12:15. Students should bring a lunch to eat at school. We will be back at the school by 3:10. Students who are leaving for the basketball tournament- the bus will wait for them to come back from the bowling trip, they will board immediately.
- Online scheduler for student-led conferences is open. Please sign up!
- Monday, March 13- Ms. Korver away (medical day)
- Wednesday, March 15- Ms. Korver away in afternoon for professional development meeting.
- Friday, March 17- Bowling field trip. Progress reports sent home.
- Monday, March 20 and Wednesday, March 22- Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, March 23- No school.
- Friday, March 24- No school.
- Tuesday, March 28- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Friday, March 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.