Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful extra long weekend! Here’s what is happening this week:
- Math- We will be spending the whole week building and creating graphs based on the data collected from the Same Day in March Project and our survey’s we sent out. Students are required to complete at least two graph designs. They are due on Monday.
- ELA- Book clubs are starting! Most groups are having their first meeting this week. Students should have enough time to complete their readings in class but may need to take their books home if they fall behind. In Writer’s Workshop, we will be working on our drama scripts and some independent blogging.
- Fine Arts- In addition to scriptwriting, we will be doing some learning on First Nation’s dancing this week. On Monday we will have the opportunity to learn the hoop and jingle dance and on Tuesday we will be watching a performance in the theater.
- French- Students should be able to independently say the alphabet by the end of this week. We will be having a variety of assessments scattered through the week to review the alphabet and simple greetings.
- Social Studies- project on historical abuses of power.
- Tuesday, March 28- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Friday, March 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Wednesday, April 5- Ms. Korver away for a medical day
- Thursday, April 6- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Monday, April 10- April 13- Ms. Korver away for personal days-off to Italy!
- April 14- April 23- Easter vacation
- Monday, April 24- School resumes.
- Thursday, April 27- WCMS Grade 6 Floor Hockey Tournament. All students participate.
- Friday, April 28- Ms. Korver away for division meeting.