Hello from the IT Summit! I am learning tons and can’t wait to return back to the class and share what I have learned! Here’s what is going on in 6Korver this week:
- ELA- We missed our final book club meetings last week because of the WaterAid walk. We will get to them on Wednesday and Thursday. We will be doing some wrap-up activities for book studies and then move on to our study of non-fiction- students will be reading and writing non-fiction.
- Math- We covered area and perimeter last week. This week will move on to volume before we start on our exit cards and math project.
- French- still learning colours. Moving on to numbers later this week.
- Social Studies- most students have handed in their social studies projects. There are a couple students who still need to do so. We will be looking at comparing and contrasting South Africa’s apartheid and Canada’s residential school’s this week.
- Fine Arts- students have started a quick research project on First Nations dance. They will present on Wednesday.
- On Friday, May 5th at 2:00PM we will be hosting members of the Sask Lions and Canadian Football League Alumni in a basketball game against some of our Grade 7 players. The Lions and Alumni are in town raising money for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Teachers will accept donations from their students until this Thursday morning. Any classes that raise $100 will get their class photo taken after the game with the players and the GREY CUP!
- Many students are low on pens and pencils in class- please check with your child if they need a refill before the end of school.
- Monday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 2- Ms. Korver away to attend/present at the IT Summit
- Friday, May 5- Heart and Stroke Basketball Game
- Monday, May 8- Ms. Korver away for division meeting
- Thursday, May 11- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- Friday, May 19- No school. Prep day for teachers.
- Monday, May 22- No school. May long weekend.
- Wednesday, May 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Friday, June 2- Grade 6 Track Meet