I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and could get out into the sunshine before it started to rain! Here’s what’s happening this week in 6Korver:
- Math- students are currently working on their design a zoo project to demonstrate their understanding of area and perimeter. They have tomorrow’s class and Tuesday’s class to finish. It should be handed in on Thursday.
- ELA- students are finishing up blog posts on the summary of their book club book. We will be moving on to non-fiction next both in readers and writers workshop.
- Fine Arts- final research presentations will be on Tuesday. We will then decide which drama performances to perform. After that, we will move on to career ed.
- Social Studies- residential school/apartheid assignments are due on Wednesday. We will continue to look at our power and authority unit.
- French- more colours, more numbers!
On Friday in CPR, we watched this video as a class and were inspired to do something similar! Stay tuned- Mrs. Hamel and I have some ideas cooking! We will talk about it as a class on Wednesday and make “purchases” on Friday.
- Thursday, May 11- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- Monday, May 15- Ms. Korver away for a medical day
- Wednesday, May 17- Ms. Korver away for division meetings
- Friday, May 19- No school. Prep day for teachers.
- Monday, May 22- No school. May long weekend.
- Tuesday, May 23- Ms. Korver away for medical day
- Wednesday, May 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work.
- Friday, June 2- Grade 6 Track Meet
- Monday, June 5- No school. Prep day