We don’t have a traditional spelling program in 6Korver, but many students often self identity that they want to improve their spelling. These ideas/websites/app’s may be of use:
Some ideas to help your child with spelling at home:
- Have your child write out the weekly grocery list, schedule on calendar, things to do list, etc.
- Have your child write thank you cards, birthday cards, Christmas cards, letters
- Encourage them to write on their blog or in a journal at home
- Edit work with your child- together, figure out where their mistake was and have your child fix it.
- Encourage your child to use spell check and autocorrect on technology
- Vocalize your spelling strategies- how do you use autocorrect? What do you do when you don’t have spell check?