Hello! We are only 4 more blog updates away from summer (but who’s counting?!). Here’s what’s up in 6Korver this week:
- Track Meet on Friday- Students should come prepared with a backpack, sunscreen, and water. If you child is not attending the Track Meet please let me know. More details about the Track Meet are here.
- Field trip to Redberry- forms went home today with students. Our trip is Thursday, June 15. We leave at 9am and will arrive back at the school at 3:00pm. Cost is $25/student. Please return forms and money as soon as possible.
- ELA- In Reader’s Workshop we’ll be doing a little more work on the difference between fiction and non-fiction. In Writer’s Workshop, we will be looking at the different types of writing genres or modes.
- Math- Most students have completed their ratio exit card. We are starting on fractions (mixed and improper) this week and will complete the exit card by the end of the week. Next up: percents!
- Social Studies- We are starting to look at quality of life.
- Career Ed- Examining the role of paid and unpaid work and how if affects the community.
- French- more numbers with a little bit of days of the week and months added in!
- Fine Arts- We are pretty much done Fine Arts for the year. On Tuesday, June 20th we will finish up our dance work with “So You Think You Dance WCMS style!” with Mr. P’s class.
- Wednesday, May 31- Ms. Korver away for Provincial Facilitation work
- Thursday, June 1 (morning)- Ms. Korver away in morning for meetings
- Friday, June 2- Grade 6 Track Meet
- Monday, June 5- No school, prep day for teachers
- Thursday, June 15- Redberry Field Trip
- Monday, June 26- Swimming in Martensville
- Wednesday, June 28- Last day of school. Summer starts!